Home | Apply for DOT Number | Apply for Authority | Apply for Broker License | UCR | Contact Us


USDOT Numbers are issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ("FMCSA"), a division of the United States Department of Transportation ("USDOT"). You may obtain a USDOT Number for your commercial motor vehicle over 10,000 pounds through this website. DOTNumber.us is a private, third-party provider offering services for a fee. This is a commercial solicitation and advertisement. DOTNumber.us is NOT affiliated with any government authority. You may apply online or by calling our representatives: (888) 414-1874.
(888) 414-1874

A Property Broker License is essentially a business license issued by the USDOT to operate as a third party intermediary arranging for motor carrier transportation. Commonly referred to as "Freight Brokers," Property Brokers and agents often work from the comfort of home. The main purpose of a broker license is to regulate financial responsibility of brokers. Brokers are required to post a $10,000 surety bond or trust fund agreement for the protection of shippers and carriers with whom the broker does business. Contact a Bonding Company Representative for help securing a bond. 
 All motor carrier authority applicants must file a legal point of contact for all 48 Continental states. You must have someone designated in each state to receive legal process on your behalf and forward legal papers to your official address of record. Your agents will be assigned for you when you apply for authority through this site. Form BOC-3 will be issued to you and the government listing your individual agents for each state. Your BOC-3 will be filed with USDOT for you under your MC or FF Number.
There is no examination or experience required for a Freight Broker License. Fitness is no longer regulated due to the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act of 1995, which de-regulated the trucking industry on January 1st, 1996.
Usual application processing time for freight brokerage applications electronically filed through this site is 3-4 weeks. There is a 10 business day public notice and comment period so your license  cannot be issued sooner than 3 weeks.
Your license will be granted upon compliance with the financial security and process agent requirements as long as you comply within 90 days of submission of your application. Applicants who do not comply within 90 days will have their applications dismissed. Applicants may then petition the USDOT for reconsideration up to one year, after which, a new application must be submitted. If you need to petition USDOT for reconsideration, Click Here to connect to a licensed transportation practitioner. 
2. Who needs a Property Broker License? 
Companies that operate as “for-hire” third party intermediaries (for a fee or other compensation) that arrange for the transportation of  federally-regulated commodities across state lines ("in interstate commerce") are required to have a Property Broker's License. A Household Goods Broker license is required to broker moving jobs to moving companies. 
Brokers are issued an MC Number but not a USDOT safety tracking number, since brokers do not operate their own trucks or drivers. You will get an MC Number by filing through this site.

You may secure a Freight Broker License online through this website. Click the link below to start the application process:
 Click Here (coming soon)
to apply for an intrastate Freight Broker License from the state of Illinois to arrange for motor carrier of property (trucking) service solely point-to-point with the state of Illinois.
Click Here (coming soon)
to apply for an intrastate Freight Broker License from the state of Virginia to arrange for motor carrier of property (trucking) service solely point-to-point with the state of Virginia.
Click Here (coming soon)
to apply for an intrastate Household Goods Broker License from the state of Florida to arrange for motor carrier of household goods (moving) service solely point-to-point with the state of Florida.
4. What happens after I get a Property Broker License?
You must file for Unified Carrier Registration ("UCR"). This is the registration of your federal freight broker license with the states. Your UCR fee will be calculated at check out and submitted for you. Fee includes state and third-party processing fees. You must then renew your UCR annually.
5. What are the Costs?

The $700 Fee you will pay through this website includes:

The Official $300 Federal Filing Fee due upon filing your Electronic Authority Application;

Your USDOT Number;

Your MC Number;

A $400 service fee that includes your Electronic BOC-3 Filing which is a listing of Process Agents for all 50 States and Licensed Transportation Practitioner Representation.




DOTNumber.us is a private, third-party filing assistance service that charges a consulting fee to secure registrants' MC and/or USDOT numbers from the United States Government and UCR. Free Interstate USDOT offer applies to online self-service orders only. Unified Carrier Registration is a mandatory filing for interstate carriers but is not required to place free DOT Number self-service order. If you decline UCR filing offer, you will receive further instructions at no additional charge on how to complete the USDOT Number application via email. This service is independently offered and operated by AuthorityRegistration.com.   It is not the Department of Transportation or any state agency and is not endorsed by or affiliated with any United States Government or state agency. By using this website, you agree to hold AuthorityRegistration.com, DOTNumber.us and its owners free from any and all litigation that may arise from the use of this website. You will be billed by On-Line Registration. All sales are final. Once an order number has been assigned, no refund will be issued. Fees for Unified Carrier Registration are based on actual number of vehicles in carrier's fleet. Example advertised is for one truck. Change in definition notice: effective 2010 a tractor-trailer counts as just one vehicle subject to UCR filing requirements. Process Agent BOC-3 filing fee is included on all Interstate Motor Carrier Authority and Freight Broker License orders.






Copyright 2010-2019. DOTNumber.usAll Rights Reserved.

Mailing Address: PO Box 480340, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33348